The ASO ankle brace is one of the most popular supports for the protection against and treatment of ankle sprains.
*Price is for 1 brace only
Features & Benefits:
- Stabilizing straps: Form figure-eight to protect and support ankle.
- Elastic cuff closure: Stabilizing straps and secures laces.
- Low profile: Will fit in any type of shoe.
- Bilateral design: Each size fits left or right foot.
- Ballistic nylon boot: Provides tremendous strength and durability.
- US manufacturing with higher quality control standards.
- Available in Black or White
Two very common ankle injuries are inversion (when the ankle rolls in) and eversion (when the sole of your foot faces away from your other foot).
While some inwards (called pronation) and outwards movement (supination) of the ankle is required for normal activity, excessive rolling can cause serious ankle injury. The ASO Ankle Brace is designed to allow some movement of the ankle but the special lace-up design prevents excessive rolling, reducing the risk of an inversion or eversion injury (what is commonly called an ankle sprain).
Some examples of how an inversion or eversion injury may occur include:
- Landing on someone else's foot during sport
- Stepping on uneven surfaces (such as the edge of a footpath)
- Not planting the foot properly during activity (or even getting out of bed)
The ASO Ankle Brace is one of the most popular ankle braces in the world. It is very popular with people who are trying to get back into normal activity but who want to take reasonable steps to prevent re-injury. Ankles can take a long time to heal properly and the ASO Ankle Brace can provide that extra security during sport, activity or normal daily routine.
ASO ankle braces feature a thin lace-up nylon boot with patented nylon "figure 8" straps that supports the ankle in a neutral position to effectively prevent an inversion or eversion ankle sprain injury.
The stabilizer straps (hook/loop style) can easily be re-tightened even if you're wearing an athletic shoe, and the elastic cuff effectively secures the rest of the brace around the ankle. The ASO ankle brace is an excellent alternative for people who would normally tape their ankle and the brace comes with medial and lateral stays to enhance the overall support of the product.
The removable plastic stays enhance protection against a repeat ankle sprain, and provide effective treatment following an acute sprain.
Sizing: Determine proper ankle support size by measuring the ankle according to the Ankle Circumference Chart or the Standard Shoe Size Chart below. We recommend comparing the ankle circumference measurement against the standard shoe size value to be sure the correct product size is ordered.
Ankle Circumference Chart:
- XXS Fits: 9" - 10" Circumference.
- XS Fits: 10" - 11" Circumference.
- S Fits: 11" - 12" Circumference.
- M Fits: 12" - 13" Circumference.
- L Fits: 13" - 14" Circumference.
- XL Fits: 14" - 15" Circumference.
- XXL Fits: 15" - 16" Circumference.
ASO Sizing Chart - By Shoe Size
(USA Shoe Size)
|Men||6-7||7 1/2 - 9||9 1/2 - 11||11 1/2 - 13||13 1/2 - 15||15+|
|Women||5-6||6 1/2 - 8||8 1/2 - 10||10 1/2 - 12||12 1/2 - 14|